Science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics education:
- Provides readiness for high school’s college preparatory courses
- Integrates diverse backgrounds and learning experiences
- Raises ambition for secondary education
- Develops creativity, leadership skills and ethical problem solving
- Inspires a STEAM career path
Over the years, we have asked El Sol students about their future dreams. We were not surprised to hear that they want to become scientists, engineers, astronauts, physicists… and more. By providing STEAM education, we give students a chance to convert their dreams to reality! To complement and enhance our existing STEAM program, El Sol is in the process of developing a STEAM lab staffed with high tech experts, volunteer mentors from OC’s high tech industry and its arts communities, and faculty from nearby universities.